The experimentation continues!
I had some bananas that were in serious jeopardy of liquefying…..mmm….those make the best banana bread!
Acorn Banana Bread
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup acorn flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350º, grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add both flours, baking soda and salt, combine on low speed until incorporated.
- Add the cottage cheese, bananas and vanilla; stir well.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 55 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan then turn out onto a rack to cool.
Oh my, the house was filled with the most delicious banana-nutty aroma!
This yields a very moist bread, it’s best to wait until it cools completely to slice it.