The experimentation continues!
I had some bananas that were in serious jeopardy of liquefying…..mmm….those make the best banana bread!
Acorn Banana Bread
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup acorn flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350º, grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add both flours, baking soda and salt, combine on low speed until incorporated.
- Add the cottage cheese, bananas and vanilla; stir well.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 55 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan then turn out onto a rack to cool.
Oh my, the house was filled with the most delicious banana-nutty aroma!
This yields a very moist bread, it’s best to wait until it cools completely to slice it.
Join us in January for a New England Acorn Cooperative Meet, Greet & Eat Event!
Are you interested in Acorns? Do you want to learn more about Acorns as food?
Join us for an Acorn Dinner Saturday January 23rd at the Rusty Acorn Farm in Canaan NH.
The menu includes acorn based appetizers, soup, entree, baked goods and dessert. Potluck dishes are welcome but not required.
Drinks, appetizers and socializing at 5pm.
Dinner served at 6:30pm.
Please RSVP via Registration by January 18.
Ticket price is $10. All proceeds will be used to create delicious acorn dishes.
Deb and Daniela
Join us for a festive dinner and lively conversation!
Hello New England acorn lovers!
Our December event is an acorn gathering workshop. Join us to learn how to collect quality nuts responsibly.
Mark your calendar for December 5th. We will will be gathering from 1-4pm. This workshop is free.
THANKS everyone, this workshop is FULL!
We are organizing to share and provide tools, resources and fun educational events around acorn gathering, processing, and consuming. Let us know if you’d like to join in!