The New England Acorn Cooperative’s mission is to provide education and resources for individuals and organizations interested in respectful, sustainable, acorn harvesting, processing and consumption, and to build long-term partnerships that are environmentally sound and economically fair between land-owners, preserved open spaces, wildlife, gatherers, processors and consumers of acorns.
The New England Acorn Cooperative is a young and burgeoning network of acorn enthusiasts from New England and beyond. We hold workshops on processing acorns, provide equipment for acorn-enthusiasts to process their own harvests, host acorn and wild-food dinners, and act as a support and educational network for anyone interested in oaks and their beautiful fruits.
The New England Acorn Cooperative is a federally recognized educational 501c3. We gladly accept donations of kitchen equipment, greenhouse materials and supplies (dry, unheated space for curing acorns in shell), and monetary donations toward acorn gathering and processing educational programs. There is also an Acorn Cooperative Resources Wish List for you angels out there!
Community Contribution funds support:
- Education and outreach to people of all ages and abilities.
- Acquisition and maintenance of equipment for communal use (acorn huller, acorn flour mill).
- Network of acorn enthusiasts, individuals, organizations, and businesses engaged in acorn food products and permaculture principles.
- Advocacy for important food forest and environmental issues locally, regionally, and globally.
- Annual New England Acorn Cooperative Dinner and other acorn community related activities.
Thanks and Blessings!